Haunted Mill VT
20 Winooski Falls Way
CLOSED for 2021 season.
This century-old mill, the 4th built along the Winooski River, was the home to thousands of workers young and old.
It operated from the early 1900’s. Many labored brutally long hours in the cold damp mill, day in and day out. The hundreds of machines that operated on the upper four floors of the mill were known to have maimed hundreds. Mangling arms, hands and fingers over the course of operations. Though unreported, several lost their lives... some were children young enough to be in elementary school.
The Mill was self-sufficient with clean well water and food stores and also provided everything from a school for those too young to work, an infirmary for those injured on the job, and even a chapel. Those facilities were located here – in the basement as the other floors operated the machinery.
Today, the mill is home to modern business and industry. However, many remnants of the long shuttered mill - and the thousands of souls who painstakingly labored there - still remain. And it is these poor souls whose lives were forever changed that this haunt is dedicated.